- 1 Raw Papaya – Peeled and Grated
- Milk – 1 Cup
- Sugar – 1 Cup (as per taste)
- Mawa (Khoya) – 1 Cup
- Almonds – ¼ Cups (chopped and grounded)
- Other Dry Fruits (Cashew Nuts / Raisins) – as per choice
- Cardamom Seeds – Crushed
- Ghee – 3 tbs
- Rinse & Rip the Papaya, remove the seeds and grate it.
- Remove extra water/juice from grated papaya.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add grated raw papaya, stir and cook it for 10-15 minutes on low flame until it becomes soft.
- When ghee begins to separate, add milk and stir it continuously to make sure its not burning at the bottom.
- Add sugar and ground almonds – cook it more.
- Heat ghee in another pan and add cashew nuts, raisins, almonds and sauté it.
- Transfer into papaya mixture, add khoya and cook for 2 minutes, until it become thick.
- Sugar can be replaced by Jaggery (But halwa will be of brown in colour)
- If semi ripped papaya then add less sugar