- Pasta (of your choice) 3 cups
- Veg – Capsicum cubes (red and yellow) 1 cup, Broccoli ½ cup, Boiled sweet corn ½ cup
- Olive oil 1 tsp, Butter 1tbsp, Plain flour (maida) 1 tbsp, 2 cups milk
- Garlic (lehsun) finely chopped 1 tsp
- Dry Herbs – Oregano 1 tsp, Thyme 1 tsp, Red chilli flakes (paprika) 1 tsp
- Salt & Black Pepper (kali mirch)
- Grated processed cheese 2 tbsp & some more to garnish
- Cook pasta in plenty of water, drain and keep aside.. Do not over cook
- Heat the olive/vegetable oil in a pan, add all veg and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan; add the chopped garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the plain flour and cook on a slow flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk gradually and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the sauce is thick, while stirring continuously.
- Add the oregano, thyme, chili flakes, cheese, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the sauteed vegetables and pasta, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with cheese.
Some of the commonly used pasta types: